Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Photography of Davin and His Rosary
For our project today, we had to photograph our partner which we did the biography over. Their significant item which they presented in class also had to displayed in the picture somehow.
I wanted to show Davin looking peaceful and meditative because I really enjoyed the emotions and symbolism tied to his rosary. Not only does his rosary represent his Catholic faith, but it also represents his emotional ties to his family and friends. I sat Davin down in a peaceful, serene looking area to illustrate the contemplative mood which prayer. I elected to have the lion in the background to symbolize the steadfast resolve of his faith, but contrasted the lion sharply with the soft imagery of the foliage to represent the tranquility of his mind in prayer.
I attempted to find an area with calm lighting to keep the placidity of the photo without drawing the focus of the photo away from Davin. In order to physically represent his peace of mind, I asked Davin to have a calm, composed expression and pose like he was meditating with the rosary.
Afterwards, I did slight photo editing in Photoshop using color balance, curves, photo filters, and vibrance to give the image a calm quietude. Overall the whole photography session was really fun and a completely different experience from what I'm used to doing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment