After actually contemplating seppuku during the whole process, I finally filled in all of the missing details, colors, and shading on my piece. Although once again, unfortunately, I don't have any mid-process screenshots of the piece, my process was fairly simple and straightforward anyways. I first started by filling in large blocks of color (such as the background, circles couple, etc), and then slowly added the smaller details. I then went back and added the shading with a custom watercolor brush, trying to achieve the soft look associated with art nouveau.

Overall, I'm satisfied, yet very dissatisfied with the piece. I wish I had pushed the style further and had time to add even more details. I feel like the art nouveau doesn't convey me as an artist enough, although it was insanely challenging attempting to replicate this style. I am also more used to advertising graphic design, so to do something more illustrative was extremely straining. I'm just glad to have the project displayed for the final show, as I was confident that it did show off my skills as a graphic illustrator well enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment