Originally I had planned to take my photographs at the Plaza where I could also do some shopping, but I decided on a location that had more meaning and connection to the past. My photographs attempt to portray my journey from the humble park to the grandiose structure of Union Station that is located across the street. Compared to Union Station, the park is very small and ordinary looking. However, upon closer inspection, the park contains a very touching monument dedicated to the Korean War and its veterans. I then crossed the Sky Link over to the Union Station. The Link's modern design matches well with the sharp angles of the Korean War monument, but is contrasted strongly by the Beaux-arts style of Union Station.
Through these photographs, I attempted to express the connection and disparity to the past that is juxtaposed by the many structures of KC.
No comments:
Post a Comment